The Nana Project is seeking a video editor. Working closely with the founder, you will be responsible for assembling recorded raw material into a polished video for our series.
Your work as an editor will involve:
• logging video assembling all raw footage, with camera shots either recorded or transferred onto video tape in preparation for inputting into the computer;
• editing short films creating a ‘rough cut’ and determining the exact cutting for the next and final stages;
Additional tasks may include:
• overseeing the quality and progress of audio and video engineering and editing;
• experimenting with styles and techniques including the design of graphic elements;
• writing voiceover/commentary;
• sourcing music
• Camera work and digital video workflow
• Video Editing (Final Cut, Adobe Premiere, iMovie)
• Adobe Photoshop and Audition. Experience with Adobe After Effects a plus.
• Owning or having access to video editing software a PLUS. Experience with sound editing a plus.
• Strong interest in African history desired.
Please send your cover letter, resume, and a link to any sample work to Kirstie Kwarteng at